Regular mattress cleaning will help protect your family members from the risk of allergy. Therefore, knowing how to clean mattresses at home is a prerequisite for everyone today. Users can completely clean the mattress at home by using basic cleaning equipment and materials. The following information is sharings about mattress washing experience at home, I hope that it can be helpful to you.
1. Causes of Dirt and Odors
A mattress is indispensable furniture in the house. Because each person spends one-third of their life on the bed, keeping a clean mattress plays an important role in giving us the most comfortable and relaxing life.
Causes of dirt and odors on the mattress
If you want to preserve and clean the mattress properly, you need to identify the cause of dirty, unpleasant odor on the mattress. They are maybe these things:
– Dirt from the human body and air.
– Hair and dead skin cells and sweat
– Food, drink or cigarette stains.
– Vomiting, urine or dirt from a baby’s toy.
– Coat, dirt, urine of dog or cat and so on.
2. Why Do You Need To Clean The Mattress At Home Regularly?
A mattress that stays dirty for a long time is a favorable environment for bacteria to grow, causing an unpleasant odor. It will seriously affect family members’ health.
Therefore, the regular cleaning of the mattress will completely remove the dirt deep in the mattress, eliminate allergens and bacteria, bring aesthetic beauty to the room. Besides, if we wash the mattress regularly, we can remove the ticks, dust mites, bed bugs that hide in the mattress. Thus, the health of all family members is fully protected.
3. How To Clean Mattresses At Home Like A Professional
As mentioned above, mattress cleaning plays a very important role. Follow these 4 steps to learn how to clean mattresses at home like a professional.
Step 1: Prepare
You need to prepare water, baking soda, multifunction vacuum cleaner, rubber gloves, masks, water containers, mattress cleaning chemicals.
Step 2: Remove Dirt On The Mattress
Sprinkle baking soda powder on the mattress, wait about 30 minutes for the baking soda to eliminate the odor, dirt in the mattress.
Sprinkle baking soda powder on the mattress
After that, you can use a vacuum cleaner to vacuum up dirt, banking soda powder on the mattress surface. If the vacuum cleaner cannot completely clean all the corners of your mattress, you can turn it upside -down, use a stick and beat slightly on the surface to remove the dirt from the small holes.
Step 3: Cleaning with Detergent Chemicals
For stains on the mattress, you can mix specialized buffer cleaning chemicals into a basin, then dip towels in this solution and brush it into the mattress.
Step 4: Dry The Mattress
After washing, you should dry the mattress under the sun or in a well-ventilated place and then put it back to the bed.
4. How To Preserve Mattress Durable, Clean and Beautiful
To preserve mattress durable, clean and beautiful, you should refer to some tips as following:
- Turn over or rotate the mattress periodically: For the mattress whose top and the bottom are impossible to tell apart, after about 3-6 months, users should flip it and sleep on the other side.
- Mattress protection: to keep the mattress from getting dirty or damaged, you can use a mattress cover. This will help prevent the mattress from getting exposed to water, dust, or bed bugs. Plus, cleaning the mattress will become easier.
- Change your sheets often and keep the bedroom always clean so you do not need to wash the mattress too many times.
- Always keep the mattress in a dry and airy condition, if the mattress is wet, it should be dried immediately to avoid the mold.
- If possible, dry your family’s mattress in the sun every few months to prevent mold and all bad odors.
- Regularly open the bedroom window to get more fresh air and sunlight onto the mattress, preventing microorganisms from growing.
Hopefully, with these simple steps of cleaning the mattress at home, you can keep your family’s sleeping spot clean, durable and beautiful.
Thank you for reading!